Thursday, May 6, 2010

Forget Oprah, here are a few of MY favorite things!

Music. We listen to it to dance, to relax, to create mood, or to even worship. For me, music has been a passion since I was a teenager. I started playing the guitar when I was about 14. I honed my skills by listening to guitarists like Carlos Santana, Jimi Hendrix, and Andres Segovia amongst others. I love everything from Jazz to Classical, Rock to Gospel. I must admit that I feel like Bob Segar when he sings the lyrics, "I like that old time rock and roll". Anyways, here are a few of MY favorite 5 things, music edition.....

BROTHER TO BROTHER (ROCK, JAZZ)
The musicians are incredible!
Brother To Brother

ALL N ALL
(R&B)
Their best album before they went commercial.
All 'N All

TITO PUENTE MAMBO KING 100TH LP
(SALSA-MAMBO)
This album gets me through the cold NY winters! The CD includes performances by Celia Cruz, Oscar Deleone, and El Canario and a lot more.


Mambo King 100th LP

(GOSPEL)
Give thanks, give praise, God is good! Get ready to be blessed.
GREATEST HITS 1
(SOFT ROCK)
This is truly his greatest early work.
James Taylor: Greatest Hits

(Jazz) Instrumental and vocal
Featuring Nancy Wilson on vocals. Man, this dude can play, I mean really play. Nancy is at the top of her game on this. He is my favorite alto sax player.



Nancy Wilson/Cannonball Adderley

No comments:

Post a Comment