So, you're going to be a bridesmaid and you have no clue of what the JOB entails. Perhaps you've considered watching the movie, Bridesmaids to get a few pointers....NOT! I have NEVER been a bridesmaid, haha! but as a photographer who has shot at least 500 weddings, I have observed and listened to brides and bridesmaids tell their stories. Here are a few tips on what I have learned.
- Hire Nick Carter Photography as the photographer!
- It is an honor to be selected to be a bridesmaid.
- Remember that your job is an important support role, support your bride!
- If you have children, hire a baby sitter on the wedding day if you can.
- The bride will probably be a bit out of character as the wedding day approaches due to stress. She would really appreciate your understanding, and did I mention, "support".
- Yes, you will have to pay for your own dress, even though it makes you look fat, and it's not your color!
- You will have to pay for your flight and hotel if it is a destination wedding.
- Be honest with the bride and let her know if you cannot afford to be a bridesmaid. You can help in other capacities.
- Don't embarrass yourself or the bride and her family because you've had too much to drink, especially if you have a give a toast.
- DO NOT sleep with any of the groomsmen, especially if you are married, they ALWAYS kiss and tell.